Divorce Financial Planning
All of us know that the financial ramifications of a divorce can be very challenging. But with careful planning and expert help from professionals specializing in financially equitable divorce settlements, you can increase your chances of arriving at a settlement that is fair and equitable, and one that fully addresses your long-term needs.
At Artemis Financial Advisors, we work closely with our clients and their attorneys to lay the groundwork for a smooth transition from marriage to a new, independent life. Company founder Leigh Bivings, Ph.D., CFP®, is a Certified Divorce Financial Advisor™ (CDFA), trained specifically in the financial issues of divorce, and she brings an interdisciplinary knowledge to the complicated issues that often arise in a divorce.
- Identify and explain the financial data needed to make fully informed and intelligent decisions.
- Help complete financial affidavits accurately
- Analyze the short-term and long-term financial implications of a divorce settlement.
- Document marital standard of living.
- Support clients and their attorneys in the creation of budgets that demonstrate the right level of support.
- Provide a thorough after-tax analysis of any proposed settlement.
- Offer insight into the advantages and disadvantages of different settlement proposals.
- Strategize and build creative options to complicated settlement issues such as stock options, valuing closely-held businesses, life insurance policies, etc.
Help resolve specific challenges such as:
- Loss of health, life, or disability insurance coverage
- Loss of retirement plan benefits
- Need for new or updated estate planning documents
- Develop an investment plan that reflects the new reality.